A. Emory Wishon III – Managing Partner
A. Emory Wishon III has extensive experience counseling clients in all aspects of the formation, organization and dissolution of business enterprises, including partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies and joint ventures. Mr. Wishon has been the Managing Partner of Motschiedler, Michaelides, Wishon, Brewer & Ryan, LLP, for 40 years.
Mr. Wishon’s real estate experience encompasses purchase and sale transactions, escrow transactions, organization of real estate development ventures and representation of borrowers and lenders in real estate finance transactions for residential, office, commercial and industrial projects.
Mr. Wishon also has substantial experience advising clients with regard to all areas of estate planning, including estate tax minimization, probate, transfers in trust and trust administration. Mr. Wishon assists in the design and development of estate plans that accurately reflect client expectations. In particular, Mr. Wishon provides advice regarding lifetime services such as wills, living trusts, powers of attorney, charitable bequests and advice regarding postmortem planning.
He also has assisted with the establishment of private foundations, supporting organizations and other vehicles for accomplishing personal philanthropy.
With respect to nonprofits, Mr. Wishon works on a regular basis with many charitable organizations on a variety of tax planning and compliance matters. He assists charitable trusts concerning fiduciary responsibilities and duties to trust beneficiaries.
- Estate Planning
- Corporate and Business
- Real Estate
- JD, Stanford Law School, 1980
- MBA, Finance, University of California, Berkeley, 1968
- BS, Economics, Brown University, 1967
Board Memberships with For-Profit Corporations
- Murphy Bank, 2000–Present
- HubUx, 2020
- Solar Negotiators, Solar Maintenance Pros, 2019
- Chair, New California Ventures LLC (a Fresno State venture investment fund), 2016–2019
- Chair, Central Valley Angel Group (a regional entrepreneurial investment group), 2015–Present
- Chairman, California State University Fresno, Foundation Board of Governors, 2008–2011; Board Member, 1996–Present
- Chairman, Investment Committee, California State University, Fresno, Foundation Board of Governors, 2000–2008, 2015–Present
- Chairman, CSUF School of Social Sciences Advisory Committee, 1994–2006
- Board Member, Kenneth Maddy Institute, CSUF, 1999–2005
- Board Member, Fresno Business Council, 1999–2001
- Committee Chair, Capital Campaign, Ronald McDonald House, 1999–2000
- Board Member, Court Facilities Foundation of Fresno County, 1998–2004
- Board Member, Central Sierra Historical Society, 1997–2020
- President, Fresno Chamber of Commerce, 1997, Board Member, 1994–1999
- Trustee Emeritus, Past President, Fresno Metropolitan Museum, 1995–2008
- President, Fresno Historical Society, 1984
A. Emory Wishon III
C. William Brewer, P.C.
Russell K. Ryan